Advertisement

Monday, November 28, 2016

Positive Nerdery - What This Blog Is And Why It Exists

A long time ago, back when Transformers 2 was the worst thing to ever happen to online Geekdom, I frequented a website called Topless Robot. The site was a shining light in the darkness of the Internet for me as it combined Nerd news, homor and self-loathing into an unique mixture of community, fun and general geekery. Rob Bricken, current editor of i09/Gizmodo, did a great job with his tiny corner of the Internet, giving the world timeless classics in the form of his "Fan Fiction Friday". Last year, Topless Robot finally was closed down for good. A name change to the far more marketable "The Robots Voice" and a new editor in Luke Plunkett wasn't enough to keep the site going.

So what does that have to do with Positive Nerdery? HIT THE JUMP TO FIND OUT!




Clearly I intend to fill the void left by Topless Robot myself!

I've been a nerd since birth, which was in the early 80's and thus the perfect time to fall in love with Transformers, the NES, Voltron and countless RPGs. Amazingly, despite working as a Library Assistant for a southern Academic Library, working with tabletop games is part of my job. I get to act as the curator for a circulating collection of 70+ tabletop games, which if you can pull it off, I highly suggest making games part of your job.

My wife (of 10 years), also a nerd, fully supports my passions and even has many of her own. We're a house divided between Star Trek (her) and Star Wars (me), Sliders (her) and Quantum Leap (me), though we both have an ongoing passion for chessy Canadian Sci-fi shows. Jabootu bless you, Lost Girl, Continuum and Sanctuary.

I look forward to producing content perfect for your bathroom break. Sit down on the toilet, keep scrolling on your phone, and enjoy as I provide Nerd news, humor and self-loathing alongside my general nerdy interests, including a diary of my journey for the largest Warhammer 40k tournament in the Southeast: WarZone Atlanta.


No comments:

Post a Comment